As you’re preparing for the 2016 filing season, keep the due dates below in mind. Penalties for missed deadlines can be significant. Please note: As a result of various Congressional provisions, some of the dates differ from last year.
You’ll also want to note that the extension deadline for Form 1065 remains September 15, as it has a longer extension period—a maximum of six months—rather than the current five-month extension.
- C Corporations (Form 1120) – April 18* (was March 15)
- S Corporations (Form 1120S) – March 15 (No change)
- Partnerships (Form 1065) – March 15 (was April 15)
- Sole Proprietorships (Form 1040) – April 18* (No change)
* Due to the observance of Emancipation Day in Washington, D.C., the 2017 filing date is April 18, rather than April 15, for these particular forms.